Monday, July 10, 2006

Movie Review: Cinderella Man, 2005

A friend spoke highly of this movie so I added it to my que, not sure I'd like it since I'm not a big boxing fan but I was surprised. Based on a true story, it's not so much a tale about boxing. It's an inspirational story of a devoted husband trying desperately, during the Great Depression, to provide for his family while setting a good example for the children.

It was wonderfully acted by the entire cast and the time period was very well recreated. You could almost feel the hunger in the stomachs of the children, the coldness of the poor home they lived in and the moments of great joy they all shared.

It's very emotional, exciting & inspirational, if you can tolorate realistic boxing scenes, I recommend watching this quality movie.

I give the movie Cinderella Man 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: