Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Movie Review: Red Eye, 2005

Hmm... not quite what I expected out of this film. It had Wes Craven's name attached to it so I assumed it was an in-flight tension filled horror movie. It turned out to be a mild thriller. That's not to say that it lacked suspense and tension totally but it just wasn't enough to make this movie great for me.

The story is a rather interesting one... up until the plane lands.
It starts off good and then it seems to loose its creativity & becames contrieved and predictable. The acting isn't bad. Cillian Murphy actually makes for an interesting bad guy and it was fun to see Rachel McAdams (from Mean Girls) play the roll of the damsel in distress.

In all, it was somewhat entertaining but not very interesting. I could think of worse things to do with 90 minutes than watch this.

I give the movie Red Eye 2 out of 5 stars

No comments: